Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I've been a bit busy lately, hence the low post rate.  I just finished a painstakingly short missions article called “Contextualizing Visual Arts in Communities Around the World" which, at 1,000 words, doesn't scratch the surface (or at least doesn't give adequate depth to the limited number of examples I found).  In any case, I used some information from this blog, and some new research and contacts to write about three examples of contextualized nonwestern Christian art.  I'll soon be posting about all three of them, one of which will be an update to a previous post.  In addition, I plan to post a book review about an Australian indigenous artist.  So stay tuned!

In the meantime, enjoy this close-up of the Maori face of Christ from a church altar that I used previously in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment